Jump to content

Benvenuto in Dragons’ Lair

La più grande e attiva community italiana sui giochi di ruolo.
Accedi o registrati per avere accesso a tutte le funzionalità del sito.
Sarai così in grado di discutere con gli altri utenti della community.
By Ahrua

Progettazione Avanzata Basata sui Nodi - Parte 3: Organizzazione

Ecco il secondo articolo della serie di consigli avanzati scritti da The Alexandrian sull'utilizzo dei nodi nella progettazione dei vostri scenari.

Read more...

La WotC genera il 75% degli utili della Hasbro

La WotC continua a trainare il successo della Hasbro, fornendo tre quarti degli utili dell'ultimo trimestre della società.

Read more...

Dungeon Master Assistance: Aggiungere Nuovi Personaggi al Gruppo

Nella prima parte di questa trilogia abbiamo visto un modo per creare un gruppo e renderlo più unito quando tutti i giocatori sono già presenti, oggi vedremo cosa fare se un nuovo giocatore si aggiunge al tavolo o se uno dei vecchi personaggi dovesse morire.

Read more...

Una Nuova Illustrazione di Larry Elmore per Dragonlance

L'iconico artista di Dragolance, Larry Elmore, ha finito una nuova illustrazione tutta al femminile legata alla celebre ambientazione.

Read more...

Uno sguardo a Dune 2d20

Diamo un'occhiata al nuovo GdR di Dune con questa recensione di Rob Weiland. 

Read more...

The Fields of Ash - Game Topic


Recommended Posts

  • Moderators - supermoderator

Here is where we will continue the adventure.

Some general "rules" of writing

Always put your character's name at the top of the post.

Spoken words, thoughts, written messages, everything else. Write in the first person if possible.

Put under spoiler the mechanical information, like this

@DM

Spoiler

I Attack goblin#3, attack bonus +X, damage 1d6+Y etcetera

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Peter Östergren  @Cellamusteen  

Selis

  • Moderators - supermoderator

The fight against the Cult of the Serpent and the Orcs is finally over, their lair in the old volcano destroyed in a last terribile battle, and their leader buried under tons of rocks and debris, alongside some of the heroes who bravely fought in the war.

Now the time for rebuilding has come and the kingdoms of Awn and of the Dwarves are overcame with activity. The Dwarves are restoring some of the old fortresses that defended the north border against the orcs and have reopened the trade routes toward the humans lands. The kingdoms of Awn have started a rally campaign the create a new common army, larger and better equipped. The elves, opening up from their isolation, have sent some of their finest rangers to train a new generation of archers amongst the humans.

But there are rumours of trouble in the North. In the Lorlands the Faith of the Light has risen once more to the prominence, becoming the only religion of the land and the warrior monks order have been given new life. And the Aure Res is not taking this very well, given their historical enmity against the Faith, so it seems a new war is going to blow up soon, pitting humans againts humans.

Amidst all of this there are still some loose ends from the fight against the Cult, as one of their chief members, Maximillian, is still at large and seems to have fled to the Kingdoms of Ash, where the drugs he was distributing originated from. But the Third Moon Company is quite determined to erase this disgrace from its history and is searching from brave souls to go hunt for Maximillian and bring him back, so he can receive the appropriate punishment.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Selis

Should I just do it? I don't know...

Selis has just finished his shift at the Third Moon Company, waiting for his uncle to finish up whatever meetings he's got so they can go home.  He's holding a peculiar stone die which he's absently flicking through his fingers as he contemplates his next move.

All this mess with Maximillian means he's all got a lot more work to do, most of all his Uncle Rowin who is coordinating the group who are to hunt Max down. Selis' magical ability combined with his analytical mind has meant that he's progressed a lot farther than any kid should have, which his uncle and bosses have taken note of. Despite this, Selis only mildly cares about this job that his uncle got for him, and wants to test out his abilities in the field, despite having never left this city before...

Right, I'm going to find Rowin in his office and ask him directly if I can go on this man-hunt. He's seen my work, surely they'd need some of my skills on this trip. And if he refuses... well. We'll see how shocked he gets when I don't turn up for work tomorrow.

Selis confidently walks out the common room, on the way to meet his uncle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators - supermoderator

@Cellamusteen 

Spoiler

 

You walk up to your uncle's office, a small but well furnished room at the north-east corner of the second floor of the headquarter of the Third Moon Company here in Rexit. The narrow road visibile through the big window behind the desk is lit by lot of torches, to keep intruders away and a couple guards can be spotted making their route around the building. Lots of bookshelves line up the walls, filled with ledgers and strange souvenirs from the many travels Rowin took when he was younger. You have always found most fascinating the wooden board with the white and black stones used for a strange game played in Lian Mu. You have mastered the rules quite fast, but your uncle didn't took so well when you started beating him more often than not, so he stopped playing with you.

Rowin, a man on his late forties with a bald head and a luxurious red beard is looking over some parchments sent from his contacts in the Kingdoms of Ash, where questions about Maxillian possibile location are mixed within requests for exotic wines and spirits. The Third Moon Company is trying to keep all this story as undercover as possibile, to avoid losing face with the pubblic.

Rowin lifts his head hearing you coming in and give you a sad smile, as to share his fatigue about this all mess. Come in nephew he says with what's almost a sigh Pour me a glass of scotch would you? he asks you pointing to his well stocked liqueur cabinet

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Selis

Spoiler

I stop at the door upon hearing my uncle’s request. The room is familiar, yet Rowan’s reaction is not. These days he has little time for me especially with all the business around Maximillian going on. With that in mind, his friendly reaction seems a little strange.

Although I do admit I haven’t spent a lot of time with him these days, so who am I to judge.

Straightening my robes I walk into the room and straight to his hard liquor cabinet. In the middle of pouring his favorite scotch, I glance up at him. With surprise, I realize he looks a lot older than I remember. There are flecks of grey in his beard and well-defined wrinkles under his eyes. And he looks tired, so tired. I suddenly feel a pang of guilt; what am I doing running off like this? Should I stay here and help him with the business?

And then the thought of the die in my pocket tempts me to pour a glass of scotch for myself, and so I do.

As I walk toward him with the two glasses in hand, I build up enough courage to say Uncle, I need to talk to you about something.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators - supermoderator

@Cellamusteen

Spoiler

Your uncle looks up to you while you hand him the glass of liquor, a spark of doubt flicking to life in his pale eyes, but soon washed over by tiredness. He takes the glass in hand, swirling the amber liquid around and taking a satisfied sniff, but putting it down on the polished desk, away from the papers, without drinking for now Sit down nephew and tell me then, don't fear or fret, but be quick and straight about it, I have little patience and energy left from a long and frustrating day.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators - supermoderator

@Cellamusteen 

Spoiler

A frown burrows on your uncle's face as he studies you with a firm gaze And how do you think you could contribute to such a difficult and risky undertaking? he asks with a flat and serious voice.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Selis

Spoiler

You can’t deny my magical ability, Uncle, nor my capacity to get anything done that you ask me to do while I’ve been working with you. I’ve convinced Lords to walk away when they come demanding the money we owe them, I’ve improved the deficiencies in our supply chain, and of course you shouldn’t forget the accident in the mines where I helped our workers to get out safely...

I pause for a second to let him digest that.

I feel like there’s much more I can contribute to the world at large, and I want your permission and blessing. This undertaking is the opportunity for me to do that.

As I say this, I can’t help but feel a sense of finality in my words, as if what I’ve said can never be taken back.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators - supermoderator

@Cellamusteen

Spoiler

 

That is indeed true nephew, but.....logistical skills are perhaps not best suited for this kind of entreprise. And your magic, useful as it is, is not so reliable I fear he says before taking a long pause

But I do understand the need for a young one to prove himself, to show his skills. Believe or not I was in a similar position to yours many years ago, your grandfather standing in my place. And so even if I am reluctant to do so I guess I have to agree with your request....even though there will be some clear and strict ground rules for you to follow. This is not a foolhardy adventure, but important business for the company and I will expect from you only the best. a sad light rests in his eyes while he tells you this.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Selis

Spoiler

I pause to take a sip of scotch as my Uncle finishes speaking. I notice he still hasn’t touched his scotch; quite peculiar as I know him as a man who is fond of his drink.

While holding his sad gaze, I contemplate what he has just said to me. Clearly this would be a difficult decision for him to make, not only because I’m his best employee...

... but because he cares for me, too.

I make an assumption and speak bluntly, but quietly out of respect:

What made you stay, Uncle Rowin?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators - supermoderator

@Cellamusteen

Spoiler

At your question Rowin choughs, clearly surprised by it. He reclines in his chair, taking a sip from the glass and watching for a while the brandy and the light of the candles reflecting on it. Then with a rough and sad voice he says As often is the case with these stories there was a girl, not your aunt mind you, that was before her. I met Floria on the seas, on board another merchant ship....a fine sailor as few I ever saw, before and after, way better then all her male shipmates. We flirted and had fun together and tried to work on the soma vessels for quite a while. But even though she loved the sea and the ships, she wanted to settle down on land, find someone who could provide for her. And so I strove to became that man, to climb the company ladder instead of the ropes on a ship, so to speak. But by the time I was well enough to ask her for an engagement tragedy had struck, her ship brought down by an out of season storm...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Selis

Spoiler

At these revelations I find myself blushing and grasping for words; I didn’t expect such an outpouring of personal information from him.

But his story is intriguing and not one I’ve heard before. And this Floria...

I can’t help thinking about Chee, where is she now and what is she doing?

I... I’m sorry to hear that Uncle. I had no idea.

In a selfish way, I hope that his remincing about Floria doesn’t hurt my chances on getting his approval to go. 

Given what happened to her, I can understand why he wouldn’t want me to go on this adventure. But it sounds like he’s done quite a bit of adventuring himself...

 

Edited by Cellamusteen
Additions
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators - supermoderator

@Cellamusteen

Spoiler

Anyway enough of some old man's stories he says clearing his throat and swiping his eyes Difficult though it may be for me and your mother to see you go, I think it's the right thing for you and so I will give you my blessing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Selis

Spoiler

Thank you for your blessing, Uncle.

I say this with relief but a heavy heart. I stand and down the rest of my drink in one fell swoop, dizzying my senses for a moment but steadying my resolve.

Then I will prepare tonight and meet the rest of the party in the morning.

As I reach the door I pause, realizing that this may be the last time I see the man, who may not be my father by blood but definitely in spirit, for a very long time.

And thank you Rowin for everything you’ve done for me. I’ll make you proud.

Upon seeing him nod with recognition, I leave the room to whatever adventure lay before me.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators - supermoderator

@Cellamusteen 

Spoiler

The next morning comes full with excitment and a thousand things to prepare for your trip. You spend most of the day making purchases around the city and settling documents and work related business. Around the first afternoon you are walking through one of the small meat markets near the main street when you hear some screams and you see a couple of urchins running down the alley followed by an angry butcher, swinging his cleaver in the air Stop you little thieves, I will make you pay for that.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Selis

Spoiler

While looking at a vendors wares I hear a commotion behind me, and glance to see the two urchins running from a very angry butcher. I feel sorry for the urchins, as my time as a kid running around the streets taught me that not everyone is as lucky as myself.

While still facing the vendor, I try a Minor Illusion inconspicuously; a loud bang near the butcher in an attempt to slow him down.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators - supermoderator

@Cellamusteen

Spoiler

 

Your little distraction seems to work, slowing the butcher long enough to let the two urchins run away to safety.

The butcher looks around confused, then starts going back towards its stand, muttering curses under his breath, lamenting the ever present plague of little thieves and scoundrels.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Selis

Spoiler

I have some time left before I need to leave, having efficiently organized my preparations earlier that morning. I decide to see if any of the market vendors have any street gossip that may be useful, and decide that the disgruntled butcher might be a good place to start.

I walk over to its stall, and while pretending to be interested in the bloody bits of indistinguishable meat lying in front of me, I say;

Having trouble with the urchins again? I thought the city guard was supposed to be on high alert these days...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderators - supermoderator

@Cellamusteen

Spoiler

Don't even start boy, it's becoming impossible to run a business nowadays. And it's not only me, Bert the fishmonger and Ludwin the wine merchant, they all are being shoplifted and robbed even more than usual. And even if they report it seems the guards simply do not notice. Something is wrong, believe me...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.